Tonight we had Halibut and green beans for dinner and this is where this short story begins. When Kariana was just weeks old Tobin started calling her “Howling Halibut” whenever she cried. Being the proud Pacific Northwesterner that he is, Tobin couldn’t wait to see if Kariana would like Halibut. Kariana’s pediatrician recommended not feeding her fish until she is a year old because of the concern of allergies. As you might guess, our trip to the Oregon Coast was the perfect opportunity for Kariana to try Halibut and I crossed my fingers that we wouldn’t have any major allergic reactions while on vacation. Kariana loved her Halibut and no one had to run to the drug store to find Benadryl that evening. Since then we’ve also tried scrambled eggs, which are another no-no because of allergies to egg whites until one year of age, but Kariana loves scrambled eggs too! I am so thrilled that Kariana is trying such a variety of foods and loving them all. Now, I’m crossing my fingers it carries over into toddlerhood.
Monday, September 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment