Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Ballet Class

This summer Kariana is taking ballet lessons with her friend Sophie. I have to admit I laughed when I first learned there was a ballet class for 2 1/2 year olds, but it was something to do in the A/C during Houston's brutal summer heat. So we signed the girls up at the West U Rec Center and bought them the required leotard and tights. I did not expect there to be any sense of order or following of instructions from seven 2 1/2 years, but you would be amazed. The instructor, Ms. Gwen, is very adamant that the girls practice their listening skills while in class. This week the moms were invited to sit in class and observe. We, of course, eagerly obliged and used the opportunity to take as many photos as possible. Kariana knows first position, she can do her plies and she can walk on her ballet toes. That's more than I ever knew.




No comments:

Post a Comment