Monday, April 4, 2011

Houston Fire Museum

On Saturday, Kariana was invited to a birthday party at the Houston Fire Museum and I have to report that it was a great place for a birthday party. The kids dressed up in miniature bunker coats and helmets. There is a mock Fire Engine cab with working emergency lights and an authentic fireman's slide pole. I also noticed the Museum did a great job of promoting fire safety and fire planning, but I'm afraid it went over most of the kids' heads as they were too busy screaming "Fire . . . Fire . . ." to hear anything that was said. All in all the kids had a blast and I would highly recommend it.
Fire Chief Carlson receives a call and descends the pole to don her fire fighting gear.


Fire Chief Carlson boards the Fire Engine suited in her gear.



Fire Chief Carlson giving orders to the driver. Does this remind you of anyone?


Taking a well-deserved break for some birthday cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment