This summer I wrote about our addiction to the pacifier. I commented that Kariana’s pediatrician thought our goal should be to get rid of the pacifier by the time Kariana was a year old. At the time I thought the goal was a long shot and dismissed it because I dreaded the battle I imagined would occur trying to take the pacifier away from Kariana! That was in August and I am so happy to report that I believe the pacifier is officially history!
I don’t know how it happened because we weren’t trying to take the pacifier away from Kariana. She just gave it up by herself. Over the past few weeks we began to notice that Kariana wasn’t interested in her pacifier anymore. She started swatting it away when we handed it to her (that’s her way of telling us she doesn’t want something). Sometimes she’d find a pacifier lying around so she’d put it her mouth but then quickly spit it out again. We were still leaving several pacifiers in Kariana’s crib at night (just in case) but we began noticing that the pacifiers were on the floor when we went into her room to check on her or the pacifiers were untouched in the corner of her crib where we had left them.
So last week I packed up all of the pacifiers and put them away. I haven’t heard any complaints and I don’t think Kariana knows or cares that the pacifiers are gone. Did we luck out or what? Next week we can proudly walk into the pediatrician’s office for Kariana’s 12-month check up and tell Dr. Koush that the pacifier is history!
Monday, October 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment