
Tobin and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary on Monday. We joked that this year neither one of us dared to forget our anniversary because last year our anniversary nearly went forgotten. At this time last year Kariana was a little over two weeks old. Tobin and I were trying to find our bearings with our newborn at home with us. The adrenelene was wearing off and the sleep deprivation setting in. Aunt Kari was in Houston with us visiting Kariana for the first time. I vividly remember that we were giving Kariana a bath and Aunt Kari was on the phone with Grandma Carlson who must have mentioned our anniversary. Aunt Kari paused, turned to Tobin and I, and basically reminded us that it was our anniversary. Both Tobin and I must have looked like deer in the headlights because neither one of us had remembered. Luckily, neither of us cared because we had more important things on our minds - Kariana and sleep! This year we celebrated our 7th anniversary while Grandma and Grandpa Bergen babysat Kariana. Grandparents are the best - free babysitters! Apparently, Grandma and Grandpa Bergen had fun while babysitting and thought they were cute by capturing this picture of Kariana at bath time.
No comments:
Post a Comment