I think Kariana had a fun-filled birthday on Saturday. Aunt Kari arrived on Thursday and spent Friday morning baking Kariana’s birthday cake – yummy Italian cream cake. Grandma and Grandpa Bergen arrived on Saturday in time for Kariana’s birthday celebration. I’m not sure Kariana knew the day was all about her but she seemed to have fun opening up her birthday presents and she got lots of fun stuff from everyone. I think Kariana caught on that she was the birthday girl when we set her on the table next to her cake so we could sing Happy Birthday.
Kariana opening her birthday gifts . . . .

Later that evening we all we went trick-or-treating with our friends Teresa and Stephen and their little girl Emma. Here is Kariana giving Emma a kiss.

The lesson learned for mom is that a Halloween birthday can quickly lead to an amped up one year old. I’m not sure what will happen next year when Kariana can actually eat the birthday cake and Halloween candy. Mom might have to be creative and space birthday and Halloween celebrations a day or so a part.
She sure is a cutie! As an official member of this family she should be allowed to have chocolate cake on her birthday and then share all of her chocolate candy with her Aunt Miriam.
ReplyDelete