Your baptismal gown (a gift from your Grandma and Grandpa Carlson)
You were baptized at Christ Church Cathedral in Houston, Texas on January 11, 2009. Christ Church Cathedral is the church where I was baptized and where your dad and I were married. We knew Christ Church Cathedral would be where you were baptized.
On the day of your Baptism you were only 2 ½ months old and the youngest candidate at this particular Baptism. Your Grandma and Grandpa Bergen, Grandma and Grandpa Carlson, Great Aunt Miriam and Uncle Jerry, Great Aunt Margaret and Uncle Tom and Aunt Kari all came to Houston to celebrate your Baptism.
We asked Reverend Lucrecia (Luchy) Littlejohn (Canon Pastor) to baptize you. Luchy has always been one of my favorite priests at the Cathedral. Her first day as a priest at the Cathedral was November 16, 2002, the day your dad and I were married. Luchy gave me a blessing in the Bride’s Room before our wedding ceremony and we’ve been friends ever since. Your dad and I were honored when Luchy agreed to baptize you.
I have to admit that your dad and I were a little nervous about the whole weekend. Not because of the Baptism or all of the family members that were coming into town to celebrate with us. We had our family and Luchy and we knew it would be a beautiful ceremony. We were terrified because we were convinced we’d have the only screaming baby in the Cathedral that day. You proved us wrong! Despite being the youngest candidate at the age of only 2 ½ months old you never fussed one bit.


On the day of your Baptism you were only 2 ½ months old and the youngest candidate at this particular Baptism. Your Grandma and Grandpa Bergen, Grandma and Grandpa Carlson, Great Aunt Miriam and Uncle Jerry, Great Aunt Margaret and Uncle Tom and Aunt Kari all came to Houston to celebrate your Baptism.
We asked Reverend Lucrecia (Luchy) Littlejohn (Canon Pastor) to baptize you. Luchy has always been one of my favorite priests at the Cathedral. Her first day as a priest at the Cathedral was November 16, 2002, the day your dad and I were married. Luchy gave me a blessing in the Bride’s Room before our wedding ceremony and we’ve been friends ever since. Your dad and I were honored when Luchy agreed to baptize you.
I have to admit that your dad and I were a little nervous about the whole weekend. Not because of the Baptism or all of the family members that were coming into town to celebrate with us. We had our family and Luchy and we knew it would be a beautiful ceremony. We were terrified because we were convinced we’d have the only screaming baby in the Cathedral that day. You proved us wrong! Despite being the youngest candidate at the age of only 2 ½ months old you never fussed one bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment