Thursday, August 6, 2009

Here Comes Peter Cottontail

I’ve been singing Here Comes Peter Cottontail to you since day one. I’m not entirely sure why I choose Here Comes Peter Cottontail considering you were born on Halloween and Thanksgiving and Christmas were right around the corner. But I continued to sing Here Comes Peter Cottontail right through the winter holidays into Easter 2009. I think if you ask any mother they may tell you they had a song or two they sung. It’s usually a familiar song with a smooth rhythm in hopes that it will console a newborn baby to sleep. My song was Here Comes Peter Cottontail.

Your dad, Aunt Kari and I spoiled you on your first Easter. The Easter Bunny dropped off a few baskets at the house, we attended a wonderful Easter ceremony at the Cathedral and we spent the rest of the day playing at the park and eating Easter dinner.









No comments:

Post a Comment