Kariana’s pediatrician said that “organics are best” and so my obsession with my baby’s food began. Transitioning Kariana to solids was easy because she ate most of the foods I introduced to her, but shopping for her baby foods became my obsession. I searched the baby food aisles and stocked my grocery basket with pure organic baby meals – no added sugar, sodium or preservatives.
I found Earth’s Best, the first complete line of organic foods for infants, at Whole Foods. I found Gerber Organics at Super Target. I was raised on Gerber baby food and turned out okay so Gerber Organics must be even better, right? Next I discovered Sprout Organic Baby Food inspired by Chef Tyler Florence so I headed to Central Market and picked up Chef Florence’s roasted pears, pasta with lentil Bolognese and summer squash with parmesan all in Spout’s “revolutionary, BFP-free, eco-friendly” packaging. Then I found Happy Baby premium organic baby meals in the frozen food section. Happy Baby sells “purer pears” and “sweeter potatoes” proudly sponsored by Dr. Sears. Soon I had a pantry and freezer filled with creative meal solutions and was feeling good about my baby’s refined palette.
Around Kariana’s 9 month birthday she decided she was done with baby food altogether. Now she wants to eat exactly what we are eating at the table. No more pureed baby food for her. So I’ve decided I’m done obsessing and Kariana can eat with us – sugar, sodium and preservatives included! Anything is fine in moderation, right?



No comments:
Post a Comment