My due date was November 4, 2008 which was Election Day. This was a historic election because the nation's first African American President, President Barack Obama, was elected into office. It seemed like an okay day for your birthday, but during my pregnancy I joked that if you decided to come early hopefully you wouldn't be born on Halloween. Any day but Halloween I kept saying. I'm not sure why I didn't want you to be born on Halloween. Probably because I didn't want you to have to share your birthday parties with other little kids' Halloween parties. But sure enough you decided to rumble around 3:00 o'clock in the afternoon on Thursday, October 30, and a little over 12 hours later you were born at 3:40 am on October 31, 2008 (Halloween morning). You weighed 6 pounds, 15.5 ounces and were 18 3/4 inches long. You will always be my little pumpkin and I will make sure your birthdays are special!
Notice the scrubs on my nurse in the hospital -- Halloween scrubs!
No comments:
Post a Comment