For a few weeks leaving in the morning had become a bit of a production. Kariana has caught on that when I put my shoes on and get my jacket I'm leaving for work. She started picking up her shoes and bringing them to me to put on her as if to tell me that she wants to go too. There also had been some tears as I was leaving. I can't begin to explain how much this breaks my heart. So each morning I spend a few minutes holding Kariana and saying good-bye to her. I explain to her that after she wakes up from her nap I will be home and I describe the activity we have planned together for that afternoon. I have no idea if she understands me, but it seems to be helping because we haven't had any tears lately. Lou brings her to the side door as I back out of the driveway and Kariana is waving bye-bye and blowing kisses to me!! Talk about melting mom's heart! I can't get enough kisses. I think even Kariana is tired of me asking her to blow kisses.
Monday, January 4, 2010
Blowing Kisses
For a few weeks leaving in the morning had become a bit of a production. Kariana has caught on that when I put my shoes on and get my jacket I'm leaving for work. She started picking up her shoes and bringing them to me to put on her as if to tell me that she wants to go too. There also had been some tears as I was leaving. I can't begin to explain how much this breaks my heart. So each morning I spend a few minutes holding Kariana and saying good-bye to her. I explain to her that after she wakes up from her nap I will be home and I describe the activity we have planned together for that afternoon. I have no idea if she understands me, but it seems to be helping because we haven't had any tears lately. Lou brings her to the side door as I back out of the driveway and Kariana is waving bye-bye and blowing kisses to me!! Talk about melting mom's heart! I can't get enough kisses. I think even Kariana is tired of me asking her to blow kisses.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment